Argentina is one of the great South American countries that has so much to offer. The regions in the country ranges from mild climatic zones to the Andes and Patagonia's cooler winters, and here are rainforests, lovely beaches, large wine areas, pampas and glaciers. The diversity is great, as are the impressions in the Argentine cities.
Buenos Aires is the capital of the country, and the big city has a very special soul that you always want to return to. And this goes for both charming districts such as San Telmo, the stately and famous Teatro Colón, Avenida and Plaza de Mayo with many splendid buildings and the main Florida street. Everywhere there are activities, beautiful buildings and an exciting history to enjoy.
The Argentine provincial cities are also interesting to experience. You can visit the planned city of La Plata, the wine capital Mendoza, the mountain town of San Carlos de Bariloche and the world's southernmost major city, Ushuaia, to name just a few. Everywhere there is a unique atmosphere and amazing surroundings that make up Argentina.
The nature of the country is richly varied. To the north and at the border with Brazil, the unforgettable Iguazú waterfalls shower, and another experience on the rivers awaits in the exciting delta of Río Paraná in Tigre northwest of Buenos Aires. The pampas are also spreading and attracting visitors, and to the south the mountains, glaciers and national parks of the Argentine part of Patagonia take over.
- Buenos Aires: 2,890,151
- Córdoba: 1,317,298
- Rosario: 1,193,605
- La Plata: 643,133
- Mar del Plata: 593,337
Find cheap flights and hotels
- January 1: New Year's Day
- Date varies: Carnival
- March 24: The Day of Truth and Justice
- April 2: The Day of Veterans and Fallen at Malvinas
- Date varies: Good Friday
- May 1: May 1 celebrations
- May 25: May Revolution Day
- June 17: Memorial Day for Martín Miguel de Güemes
- June 20: Memorial Day for Manuel Belgrano
- July 9: Independence Day
- August 20: Memorial Day for José de San Martín
- October 16: Respect Day for Cultural Diversity
- November 20: National Sovereignty Day
- December 8: Immaculate Conception
- December 25: Christmas Day